How does Point-of-Care Ultrasound Benefit Women’s Health?
The use of point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) technology in Women’s Health can increase diagnostic confidence for providers, improve efficiency and decrease complications, therefore reducing costs overall.
SonoSite’s ultrasound systems can make common diagnostic and interventional procedures more efficient and accurate; streamlining treatment plans and reducing patient anxiety.
For breast biopsy, use of point-of-care ultrasound guidance provided a 37% decrease in room time, and a 31% decrease in physician time, compared to stereotactic technique.1
Higher Patient Satisfaction
93% of patients were satisfied with the ultrasound-guided breast procedure.2
How is POCUS used in Women’s Health?
SonoSite works closely with obstetricians, gynecologists and breast surgeons to develop customized ultrasound solutions that meet clinical requirements. SonoSite systems allow providers to confidently perform diagnostic exams, locate masses, target lesions, guide biopsies and initiate a proper course of treatment for each patient.
Some of the ways point-of-care ultrasound is used for Women’s Health include:
- Guide percutaneous needle core biopsies, ensuring more accurate sampling
- Guide fine needle aspiration of cysts
- Perform ovarian and uterine exams, endometrium measurements
- Track fetal development with measurements and due date calculation
What Our Customers Have to Say
“[Cryoblation] is not something you can do by palpation, or just by feel; you just can’t do this procedure without ultrasound.”
Dr. Deanna Attai, Breast Surgeon, discussing the use of ultrasound guidance for cryoblation.
Portable, Durable Ultrasound Systems for Women’s Health
SonoSite’s ultrasound systems are highly portable, meaning you can take them from the office to the operating room. Known for reliability and durability, SonoSite ultrasound solutions incorporate a streamlined user interface, letting you concentrate on your patient and procedure, instead of the technology.
We offer an industry-leading 5-year warranty, low-cost total of ownership and no annual service contracts.
SonoSite’s portfolio of ultrasound products provide:
- Advanced imaging features for exceptional image quality with minimal keystrokes
- Fluid-resistant surface for easy cleaning and disinfection
- Less than 25 seconds from cold start to scanning
- Built to exceed U.S. military specifications for durability
- Extensive training and education programs
POCUS for Women’s Health Educational Resources
Whether you are a new ultrasound user, or an experienced clinician wanting to learn the extended capability of ultrasound, SonoSite is your partner in learning. We offer many options, including clinical support staff to assist with your ultrasound equipment, onsite education tailored to your needs, online refresher programs and regional courses taught by highly qualified physician experts.
SonoAccess Ultrasound App: Our no-cost ultrasound app puts ultrasound education right in your pocket. When you download SonoAccess, you\'ll get a first-class ultrasound app with extensive clinical education content, product guides, how-to videos, clinical images and reference guides for point-of-care ultrasound. Download the App
SonoSite Institute: Learn Ultrasound Best Practices with exclusive content for customers. Whether you\'re a novice or expert in your use of point-of-care ultrasound, the SonoSite Institute will improve your knowledge of today’s ultrasound best practices. Learn More about the SonoSite Institute
1. Mainiero MB, et al. Preferential use of sonographically guided biopsy to minimize patient discomfort and procedure time in a percutaneous image-guided breast biopsy program. J Ultrasound Med 2002;21(11):1221-6.
2. Evans KD. Investigating patient satisfaction as an outcome for ultrasound-guided breast procedures. J Diagn Med Sonog 1998;14(3):107-112.